THE SCHOOL ADVISORY COUNCIL
Financial Administration and Forward Planning
The School Advisory Council is responsible for the financial administration as well as forward planning for Sacred Heart School. Members of the School Advisory meet monthly and consists of between eight and ten members as follows:
1. School Principal and Parish Priest as ex-officio members;
2. Four-six members elected from the School Community;
3. A Parish Representative.
The Advisory Council is not currently active.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Annual General School Advisory Council Meeting (November)
An Annual General School Advisory Council Meeting is held in November each year and members are elected to the School Board at this meeting. The criteria for members are as follows:
1. Possession of special skills that will be an asset to the Board;
2. A deep interest in the welfare of all students and staff;
3. A desire to give service to the Catholic School Community;
4. A keenness to promote Catholic schooling;
5. An ability to work co-operatively and constructively with all other members of the Council;
6. A sufficient amount of time to devote to Council duties.